Sunday 21 October 2012

Brock Biology of Microorganisms


Another ridiculously thick book, although it doesn't match up to the High-and-Mighty Sobotta.

Well, obviously, the book deals with microorganisms. Mainly bacteria, Archaea and viruses though. I've been using the book to finish my writing assignment on EHEC and Salmonella. Overall, it's a pretty neat book. It's supposedly a good book for studying immunology, or so I've been told.

Lots of text, but a lot of illustrations too.


Weight: 2.5kg
Pages: 1150 numbered pages
Size: 27.6cm x 24.5cm x 3.7cm
Price: About €70. I bought it because I needed it for Health & Life Sciences. This is the paperback cover one..
Edition: Global Edition, 13th Edition
CD: Nope, but.. I do have online access!

Online Access!

Now that it's been in my possession for a couple of months, I've got to say that I really do like the book, if only because I'm pretty interested in freak diseases caused by microorganisms. It's pretty decent if you want to do some pre-studying for pathology.
Funny thing about Pearson books?
The online access code works for 1 to 2 years after you've registered it. Ew, greedy folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment