Thursday 29 August 2013

Things Med Students Like #1

Cheap Goodies!
I'm sure every student likes cheap goodies. I'm no different. With my books costing up to €1500 I can definitely use some cheap, high quality toys.
Littmann stethoscopes go around for €75+ over here. That's a good $99 dollars, so yeah. You could definitely say Littmanns are expensive around this part of the world, especially compared to the US, where they're maybe $60, max.

I bought my Littmann along with a penlight and a reflex hammer for €84,70 incl VAT. Saves me several €€, considering the penlight alone is worth a painful €8 and the reflex hammer another €13. Ouch.
But I did get a free auscultation CD and Littmann Identification tag.



Since Littmanns have been known to 'disappear' (read: get stolen), I also considered buying my Littmann in a nice pink colour. No one would steal a hot pink stethoscope. Hopefully.
In the end, I went with classic black and had it engraved for another €8.. Ugh.


Of course, I not-so-skillfully edited my name out

When compared to my cheapskate stethoscope, the Littmann sounds like music to my ears.
Even though I can't discern healthy from unhealthy heart sounds.
And it's way more comfortable as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment