Sunday 22 September 2013

Lessons of Medical School #3

Don't be afraid to skip lectures for a day..
.. Unless there's some mandatory attendance activity.

In the past 3 weeks, I've missed about two whole days. Once, I skipped classes because the flu told me to. This week, I skipped classes because public transport hated me.
I had my first bonus point test - pass it with 67%, and you earn 5% on top of your mark for the real exam. If you fail it, you'll know you have to study harder.
The professors told us about 33% of all students who attempt the test will fail. I was surprised to hear this, and I figured they were trying to scare us into studying.
They weren't scamming us into studying: ~33% of the students failed it.
Luckily, I wasn't among them. I passed it with 90%, despite being ill.
Take that, medical school!

Back to the lesson: you were accepted into medical school because the professors believe you can do this. Being willing to work for it, is another story.
You won't fail your exams if you miss a single day. Or multiple days, so long as you work hard to keep up with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment