Monday 26 January 2015

I spy I spy..

A horde of Y1s (first-year meds of a 6-year traject) bitching about learning physical exams in med school.
Yes, I'm not a Y1, but I planted a spy in Y1, who alerted me to the issue of ladies not wanting to be practiced on by male students during their Anatomy block.
Reasons for this are shyness around males, or religious beliefs.
Similarly, some male students do not want to practice on females because of the same reasons.

Seriously?

You're in fucking Medical School. You're one lucky bastard to get into medical school, now don't be a prude and don't ruin medical education with religious beliefs. Learning how to save lives includes physical exam, and hiring simulating patients for practicing physical exams on is ridiculously expensive. (that being said, if I got paid for getting practiced on, I would totally do it).

So suck up and deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment