Saturday 20 June 2015

Graves' Disease.. Part 5: Getting Back On Track


Hey guys!
It's been a while since I last posted something here, so I thought I'd pop in and show that I'm still alive..

My thyroid gland has calmed down a lot by now, and the sudden mood swings and murderous thoughts and moods are slowly dissipating by now. Which is great!


My grades are finally rising again (5.6, rounded off to a 6/10, up to a 7.4, rounded off to a 7/10) despite me still having some concentration issues.

My strength is slowly returning as well - pull ups and short sprints have certainly become a lot easier now! (Despite not having done any sports since being diagnosed with thyroid problems!).

I'm busy with junior clinical rotations as well, and so far, I'm not being severely hampered by my blasted thyroid gland :)
My endocrinologist however, wasn't so amused with me. I delayed making an appointment with the doc because of my exams and clinical rotations, so yeah. It's maybe time to go and make an appointment so my doc can check my thyroid levels, my leukocytes and my liver function.
Doctors (in training) are maybe the worst patients ever ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment